A traineeship is a skills development program that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year, though most traineeships last for less than 6 months.
A procurement opportunity is being launched for providers to access additional funding to deliver 19-24 traineeships. Further information can be found in the traineeship news story.
Guidance and systems such as find a traineeship and the traineeship provider list will continue to be updated. These will be reviewed during September as the reformed and expanded program launches and ongoing as traineeships are delivered. Links to all updated guidance will soon be made available on this page.
What are the Advantages of a Traineeship?
- Work ethics and behavior
- Taught the latest knowledge and skills from qualified and experienced teachers
- Government incentives may be available to assist you throughout the course of your apprenticeship or traineeship (eligibility criteria applies)
- Finish with a nationally recognized qualification that could provide you with a competitive difference in the job market
- Creating connections
At the end of the traineeship, Employers may keep trainees to do an Apprenticeship or another role within the business.
What are the advantages of hiring a Trainee?
- As an employer, you are able to support the development of a world-class, Traineeship program for your business. You are able to discuss with us the program so you can ensure the program is good for both your company and the trainee.
- You are able to get ahead of the competition by hiring fresh young people into your company before they enter other work placement.
- You will receive a £1,000 government incentive for every individual Trainee. (Up to a maximum of 10 per business.)
- traineeships will give you the chance to shape the experience and skills of the young adults from your community, which in turn will help your company develop a loyal and skilled employees, as well as good PR for your buisness
- your existing members of staff will be able to work with trainees and create a more productive enviroment