Course Number: APL-iOS111EDU-100-GB
Duration: 2 Days
iOS Deployment Essentials in Education is a two-day course that teaches participants about the skills, tools, and knowledge they need to deploy iOS devices in educational settings. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide participants through configuring, managing, and supervising iOS devices. Participants’ knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios.
- What you’ll learn:
- Define the role of Apple School Manager, mobile device management (MDM), and classroom tools in the successful deployment of iOS devices
- Identify and respond to challenges when deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Differentiate between one-to-one, shared, and student-owned deployment models
- Explain what a Managed Apple ID is and identify when it’s needed
- Design and implement a deployment solution for a given scenario
- Configure and manage settings, apps, and content for one-to-one, shared, and student-owned deployments
- IT professionals in educational institutions who are responsible for deploying and managing iOS devices
- Administrators and teachers who are heavily involved in the technical aspects of their institution’s deployment plan
- Recommended knowledge:
- iOS familiarity
- Basic iOS device navigation skills
Introduction to deployment and management
Participants will experience a deployment both with and without a defined strategy and discuss the benefits of having one.
Participants will explore the function and purpose of Apple School Manager, MDM, and various classroom tools and examine the role that each one plays in a successful deployment
Participants will discuss one-to-one, shared, and student-owned deployment models. They’ll explore how each model affects the experiences of students, teachers, and IT.
Participants will review each phase of the deployment process and engage in hands-on activities to hone their skills in deploying and managing devices.
Participants will be given real-world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, they’ll design a deployment that meets their scenario’s needs, and then they’ll present their solution to the class.