Who is Cyber Essentials for?
Cyber Essentials is for all organisations and companies, of all sizes, and in all fields/sectors. The Government encourages all organisations to look at the requirements and adopt them. This is not limited to companies in the private sector, but also applies to charities, universities, the public sector and non-profit organisations.
What we will do?
- When you purchase our Cyber Essentials Solution, we’ll manage the certification process on your behalf, minimising your internal workload and ensuring you pass first time.
- We’ll conduct an audit of your current cyber security controls. Whilst client involvement is crucial to success, this can be achieved remotely and in such a way to cause minimal disruption to your operation.
- An action plan will be produced of the back of our audit, and we will provide guidance and support as required to ensure you are able to implement this effectively.
- Once you have the necessary measures in place, we’ll complete the Cyber Essentials certification questionnaire on your behalf, ready for your internal sign off.
- We will then complete your submission and issue your Cyber Essentials certificate, report and badges, which can be used on your website and in other communications.
What is cyber essentials?
Cyber Essentials is a simple but effective, Government-backed scheme that will help you to protect your organisation, whatever its size, against a whole range of the most common cyber attacks. Cyber attacks come in many shapes and sizes, but the vast majority are very basic in nature, carried out by relatively unskilled individuals.
They’re the digital equivalent of a thief trying your front door to see if it’s unlocked. Our advice is designed to prevent these attacks. There are two levels of certification:
Our self-assessment option gives you protection against a wide variety of the most common cyber attacks. This is important because vulnerability to simple attacks can mark you out as target for more in-depth unwanted attention from cyber criminals and others.
Certification gives you peace of mind that your defences will protect against the vast majority of common cyber attacks simply because these attacks are looking for targets which do not have the Cyber Essentials technical controls in place.
Cyber Essentials shows you how to address those basics and prevent the most common attacks.
Cyber Essentials Plus
Cyber Essentials Plus still has the Cyber Essentials trademark simplicity of approach, and the protections you need to put in place are the same, but for Cyber Essentials Plus a hands-on technical verification is carried out.
Alternatively you can familiarise yourself with cyber security terminology, gaining enough knowledge to begin securing your IT.